Friday 30 December 2016

A Mobious Cowl

I need something quick to knit across the New Year. I am hoping to have bigger projects to knit in January when I have had time to sort out my stash of yarn and yet I need something to keep my fingers busy in the mean time.

I have knitted Harmonia's Rings Cowl before, and whilst I am not fond of knitting on circular needles, I have found that I wear the finished product constantly. It is so useful as it is cosy round my neck, but also the back can be lifted and worn over my head if the need suddenly arises.

This seemed like an excellent project for over the New Year and I managed to find some remnants of yern with which to knit it. I am not sure there is sufficient yarn to finish it, but if necessary I can add another colour around the edges.

I had to watch the Mobious cast-on video listed in the pattern in order to remind myself how to do this type of cast-on. It fascinates me how this turns out. It is rather difficult to get the hang of in the first place, but once you have got it the actual knitting is quite easy. It took several attempts to count the stitches to check if I had the right number, it is easy to get lost, but I managed it in the end.

was given a new yarn bowl for Christmas which I am thrilled with, it is so useful.










No comments:

Post a Comment