Friday 16 December 2016

Midnight Plummage Finished

I have at last added the collar and finished the jacket/coat.

In order to add the collar I picked up the stitches around the neck, starting at the centre of the front fill in, round the back and finished at the centre of the other crossover front. I then proceeded to knit garter stitch for 32 rows. I had hoped to take photos of just the collar, but no matter how I took the photo, the dark midnight blue of the collar wouldn't show up in the photo so here is a photo of the whole thing :-

Next came the decisions over which buttons to use. When I was about half way through knitting the coat I started to wish I had chosen a multi coloured wool for the feathers. The two blues look very nice, but all those photos on the website show some wonderful variations in colour. I therefore decided to introduce another colour by way of the buttons. Apart from the buttons up the front closure I also added a row of them down the centre point of the back:-


No comments:

Post a Comment